Monday, September 05, 2005

A CD ON THE SUPREMES?

Over on the Myhusbandbetty boards Michelle wrote:
[A] close friend of mine (a partner in a large Phoenix law firm) who knows Justice O'Connor well related to me yesterday that she likes Roberts well enough but wishes, in her words, "that he wore a skirt".

She wants a crossdresser on the Court?
Seriously, I'm crossing my fingers and holding my breath on Roberts. He does seem to have an open mind, unlike Scalia and his wannabe sidekick. Supreme Court justices frequently do migrate toward the center, or even further--Earl Warren was considered to be a conservative judge when he was appointed.

As for O'Connor's next replacement, I also think a woman is quite possible. But I think Bush's first priority will be to find someone similar to Roberts.

And who knows? Maybe Roberts will wear a skirt under his robes. I'll send him one. Does anyone know his size?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up your day job and go into comedy just yet.

caprice said...

I don't have a day job. I'm retired! :)

Anonymous said...

doesn't matter, you still get the point. you're not funny.period.

caprice said...

If you don't like it, why are you reading it? Huh?

Anonymous said...

because if I don't read your glob, nobody else will. and I don't want you to get lonely.

caprice said...

What you meant was, "because if I don't read your glob, nobody will."
The "else" would indicate that your reading it is necessary for anyone else to read it.

Please be a little more precise in your comments.

Anonymous said...

I don't need to be precise, I'm anonymous. If you don't want anonymous comments, you'd better change your options.

caprice said...

There's no reason you can't be both precise and anonymous.

Anonymous said...

You don't get it. I'm anonymous. Reasons, rules, etc. don't apply here.
I'm anonymous.

Anonymous said...

I can be anonymous, a jerk, or whatever I choose to be. Just remember that you started the name calling, not me. This was a test.
You just failed it.

caprice said...

You may not be as anonymous as you think, Mr. J.S.

Anonymous said...

oh, we're playing a name guessing game now? anonymous is anonymous, so get over it or change your options.