Monday, December 12, 2005

THE INTERNET IS GREAT!

The internet is a marvelous thing. I don't know if I would ever have found my true gender identity without it. I pay my bills on it (though I actually did that online for years before the internet), order my groceries, and do all kinds of shopping. I get most of my news from it.

But what I'm enjoying right now is listening to the radio broadcast of my college's basketball game from back in Wisconsin. If I wanted, I could listen to the opponent's hometown broadcast of the same game. This weekend there will be 85 college games broadcast over the web by Yahoo, counting both men's and women's--not to mention a few hockey games--and a wrestling match. It's not quite free, but for only $4.95 a month I can listen to all the Wisconsin games. And I'll unsubscribe in the spring when they stop playing.

The internet is a marvelous thing.

No comments: