Thursday, January 26, 2006

BLOGGING WITHDRAWAL

Blogger.com announced a 30 minute maintenance shutdown for 4:00pm PST yesterday. When I got home early this morning it was still down, just a screen announcing the 30 minute outage. Not good. I couldn't blog.

It was still that way today, and I got scared. Did something major happen? Would my blog be coming to an end? Would I have to start over? There were no direct news reports, just stuff about AdSense and a quarrel with Google (which owns Blogger). Had Google cut off Blogger? I thought not, since that certainly would have made the news.

But still I was scared. The blog itself was still working, so I backed up everything as best I could. Then everything came back a few minutes ago. Big relief.

So I now I can blog. Except I don't have any time now--I've got to got get ready to see my friend in A Midsummer Night's Dream--with flying donkeys!

No comments: