Thursday, January 19, 2006

QUICK POST: LAST NIGHT AND TODAY

Last night was the regular weekly Open House at the Crossdressers International apartment. Nothing terribly unusual transpired, but afterwards, instead of heading to Greenwich Village and the Monster Bar, six or seven of us just walked two blocks up to Dave's Tavern, a small neighborhood place.

It has a pool table in the back, and we had a lot of fun, pairing off and playing each other, plus one pair of guys already there at the bar. Playing pool after the Open House reminded me of my very first months presenting as a woman in public, at the old Androgyny Lounge--only this time the guys we were playing against weren't tranny chasers.

The people either were friendly or just ignored us (actually one kinda drunk, self-described "old gay queen" was a little too friendly), the drinks were OK, there were several TVs going so I could watch the end of a basketball game I was mildly interested in--it was a nice place. We may have found a new permanent after-Open House venue.

If so, I'll miss the Monster (I'll probably try to get down there once in a while), but then again, the Monster isn't quite what it used to be, under its new owner. A lot of things are better there actually, but some aren't. Maybe it's time to move on.

Anyhow, I have to go and get ready to go out tonight. I'm hearing Namoli Brennet at a little "house concert" at Ed Mannix's place--a guy I used to see at the Monster like five years ago. It's at 7:00 out in Brooklyn, so I have to get moving pretty soon.

No comments: