Sunday, February 12, 2006

BIG SNOW!

We're in a major snowstorm here in NYC. I read that there was a foot of snow in Central Park by 8:00am--not that I'm going out to check the measurement. Maybe another 4 to 5 inches are on the way. This would get it close to the top ten snowfalls in the city's history.

As I said, I'm not going out in it. We got our grocery deliveries yesterday, so we're all set. I'll stay home and watch the Olympics.

Maybe it will clear up enough by tomorrow afternoon so I can make Lisa Jackson's performance. Otherwise, the only thing I need to go out for is to get some valentines for my wife.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Caprice :) We ended up with about 12" - 20" here in Boston, depending on where someone was. So I guess Punxsutawney Phil's shadow seeing is going to indeed mean 6 weeks more Winter *ugh* I bet Central Park is pretty in the snow.

Oh and thanks for linkin' to me, that was nice of you :)

caprice said...

The final total here was 26.9", a half an inch more than any previous snowfall since they've been keeping records in 1869.

And you're welcome.