Tuesday, February 28, 2006

MY NEW PROJECT, FIRST DAY

My first day of my office clean-up project went pretty good. I had some errands to do, so I didn't get started until about 2:30. But I was able to work all the way until 9:00, because my wife was out at a class. I emptied three boxes, and cleaned up a little stuff from the floor.

As you may have guessed, I'm a pack rat. I have trouble throwing things out--I can think of a reason to keep everything. But I'm trying. Most of the stuff I came across today was financial records from 1993, 1998, and 2003-4. Most of the 2003-4 stuff I kept, but it's now neatly stored in file folders in a file cabinet. I didn't have much trouble shredding the 1993 things, but I really had to will myself to get rid of the 1998 stuff.

In addition to the financial records, I also found a bag of stuff that I had already set aside for shredding--it must have been from the time when my old shredder died, and I didn't buy a new one for a while. So my shredder got a real workout--so much so that it overheated and shut down twice.

I think it was a good start to my project. But I'm tired. It's work. I'll try to post a real article after I pay a couple bills. But no guaranties.

No comments: