Friday, February 10, 2006

OLYMPICS TONIGHT!

Tonight is the Opening Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics from Turin, Italy. We'll get to see the athletes march in, probably accompanied by trivialities about the various countries from the news anchor of the network broadcasting the games. Usually it's a pretty good show, though.

Tomorrow the actual competition starts. I can't wait for the penguin wrangling and team snowball fight events. What? They're not on the schedule? I'll just have to make do with curling and, what's the new one?, snowboard cross.

Seriously, I am looking forward to watching the Olympics, even though the big events will be shown on a delayed basis in the evening. (I hate knowing the results of an event beforehand, so I have to be careful to avoid news reports during the day.) Time Warner Cable has even managed to find a way to deliver NBC's secondary Olympic high definition channel, Universal-HD, in addition to the regular broadcast (both in standard definition and high), and the USA, CNBC and MSNBC channels they use for secondary events. My DVR will probably get a good workout.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snowboarding!

I hate Katie Couric!

Ventesimi Giochi Olimpici!

caprice said...

Katie Couric? I don't remember her being on the Opening Ceremonies broadcast.

Anonymous said...

She was evidently pushing the Olympics with puff-pieces on the "Today" show. Just keep her away from the announcing of any sports...LOL!

caprice said...

They don't seem to be using her for that. But you should know, Sirena, she lives in my neighborhood. My wife sees her at the nail salon sometimes.

Anonymous said...

My condolences. I'm really not a big fan of hers, especially since she's recently been spouting right-wing talking points. I also hear she's a real bear when the camera is not on her.

Sirena

(My Beloved says..."Go, Germany!" Her mom is from there)