Sunday, May 07, 2006

Report from Spain II

Hi all! It's been quite a week, since my last post. I don't know how much I'm going to be able to post right now, since I'm on a computer at my hotel in Seville out in the hall for all of the guests to use, and I don't want to hog it.

Even though I have been able to hook up my camera to the computer, and view my photos on it, I don't seem to be able to upload them. So no pix right now.

First let me expand a bit on our time in Barcelona. It's a marvelous place. Antoni Gaudi's fantastic "moderniste" architecture is amazing, and there's plenty of other beautiful buildings to lend support. His Casa Batllo is unbelievable. It's hard to imagine that a family actually lived there. His Casa Milà, actually an apartment house, has a wonderful permanent exhibit in the attic about his work, and they have made one apartment into and example of what it would have looked like 100 years ago, with period furniture. Of course his amazing cathedral, which they've been working on for the better part of a century, draws huge crowds, but I liked his smaller works better--though his Park Güell was fun.

I'm going to divide up my posting, so it's not going to be one huge report. Stay tuned.

No comments: