Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I have 67 friends on MySpace!

I have a MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/capricebellefleur I'm sure I'm not the oldest person with one, but I'd place a small wager I'm in the upper 5% age-wise. Having a MySpage page makes me hip and with it, I guess--though "hip" and "with it" are probably so out-dated that it proves I'm not hip and with it.

Anyhow, I actually set this up almost a year ago. A few people on the myHusbandBetty boards said they had MySpace pages, so I got one, and added them as friends. Then I did nothing with it until this month. I wanted to check if there was any news about Lisa Jackson and Girl Friday--Lisa had broken away from the band. (The group's page has since been reinitialized.) There wasn't any, but I saw someone I knew on their top friends list, so I went to their page, and clicked on "Add to Friends." Then I saw someone on their top friends list, and went there, and an hour or two later I had asked several dozen people to add me. I shouldn't say people. Some are bands, some are organizations.

Many are drag performers or musicians I know at least slightly. The great thing about having them as MySpace friends is that they send out bulletins about their upcoming performances. I did get Harvey Fierstein and Margaret Cho also.

Otherwise, I haven't done much with my page. My single blog entry there just directs people here.

So if you have a MySpace page, go to mine, and click on "Add to Friends." If your profile is not too weird, I'll add you (I have rejected a few). Everyone can always use more friends.

No comments: