Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Headline of the day

Bird Brain Dies After Years of Research
When I first saw this I thought, "Gee, what a horrible thing to call a researcher--especially one who just died." Well, no, that was really the second thing I thought. My first thought was that researchers had somehow kept a bird's brain alive in a jar or something.

Actually, it was just a poorly worded headline. "Brainy Bird Dies After Years of Research" would have been much better. (EDIT: the AP originally titled the article "Gifted Research Parrot Alex Found Dead." Two minutes later they came up with this one. Maybe they wanted a separate story for their weird news category.)

Anyhow, I hope people refrain from any Monty Python sketch comparisons now. But I kind of doubt they will.

1 comment:

belledame222 said...

oh christ noes; we must hear about Dead Parrots and Norwegian Blues pinin' for the fjords from now till...oh wait, we were already hearing that, that's the most-quoted MP sketch ever.

and i say this as someone who -likes- the nerdy Python (and Kids in the Hall, and and and and) quotes. but that one's been done. to. death.

funny headline though.