Thursday, May 29, 2008

Semi-random thoughts

● They certainly are targeting ads on the internet. For a while now I've noticed that a lot of the ads I see seem to be aimed directly at me. I get a lot for a couple of companies I do buy from: Newport News and Staples. But what really brought this home was when I was looking at an article on The Times of London site, and there was an ad for American car insurance that even knew I live in New York.

● My wife and I were e-mailing were each other last night, forwarding e-mails back and forth about things we might want to do this weekend. This was despite the fact that we were sitting twelve feet apart--she in her office, I in mine. It's rather silly. After all, we do have an intercom.

● Gee, I sure wonder who at the New York State Assembly Googled me a little while ago.

No comments: