Saturday, February 21, 2009

Semi-random thoughts

● It's always weird when the one of my Facebook friends pops up among the random six that appear on my profile. She died last year.

● Lately I've usually been wearing cleavage-revealing tops. If you've got it, flaunt it is my motto, I guess. It's fun. And last week I thought it would be thoroughly appropriate attire for attending a show called "Skits and Tits!"--but I had my LGBT bar association board meeting to go to first that evening. I was going to cover up with a cardigan, but I forgot to put it on in my rush. No one at the meeting seemed to notice--not that I really expected a bunch of gay men to be boob-fixated. The lesbians didn't seem to care, either.

● The Wisconsin men's basketball team is having a really weird season. After a couple of their best players graduated last year, it wasn't surprising that they weren't able to beat any of the ranked teams they played before the Big Ten games started--though they were competitive most of the time. Then after the conference season arrived, they lost 6 in a row at one point--the most since the 90's. But they have since turned things completely around again, winning their last 5 contests. Tomorrow's game against league-leading (and highly ranked) Michigan State should show how competitive they really are. Go Badgers!

● Tonight we're going to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." This will make four of the five films nominated for the best picture Oscar that we've seen. The only one missing is "Frost/Nixon"--though we did see the play on Broadway with the same main actors. I don't think I've ever seen all five of the best picture nominees before the ceremony.

No comments: