Sunday, December 13, 2009

Internet finds

Here are some things I found particularly interesting and/or amusing as I have surfed the web recently.
  • Swedish service performs your last online wishes My immediate question is how this would work for people, like me, who are not using their official names. How could the death be verified? That said, I think this is a good invention in general. I have one Facebook friend who died a year or two ago, and it's always weird to see her picture pop up on my list of friends. I could unfriend her, I suppose, but that doesn't seem quite right either.
  • And speaking of unfriending: Fla. judges, lawyers must 'unfriend' on Facebook. This does make some sense--the appearance of judges' impartiality is almost as important as their actual impartiality.
  • Pandora has a station just for Hanukkah music.

No comments: