Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Semi-random thoughts

  • It was great hearing Clayelle Dalferes' sultry voice on WQXR last Saturday. This was the first time I had heard it since WQXR was bought by public radio station WNYC about a year and a half ago. She was not retained as a disk jockey host after the change. Apparently she started back as a substitute announcer last fall, but this was the first I knew of it. I blogged a bit about her before, here and here.
  • Bing's map directions leave a lot to be desired--at least the public transit ones. I was trying to figure out how long it would take to get from the Empire State Pride Agenda's office on 22nd St. in Manhattan to a certain bar in Brooklyn. When I asked for directions on Facebook, it sent me to Bing. Its suggested route had me getting on an express bus for the 8 block trip to the L train! Google Maps told me to walk 1 block in the opposite direction to 23rd St. and take the N train to the L. 
  • It was quite nice to see that the lowly Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Miami Heat, getting some revenge on defector LeBron James and his new team. 

No comments: