1 hour ago
Saturday, August 09, 2014
Friday, August 08, 2014
- Rikers Jail to Open Transgender Unit
- Judge rules Ten Commandments monument must go The Ten Commandments is a religious document, not a historical document.
- Michigan porch shooter found guilty of second-degree murder
- Judge rejects $324.5 million settlement over Apple, Google hiring I'm only sad that Jobs isn't still alive to see this. He had total disregard for the law.
- (Tenn.) State Sen. Stacey Campfield loses seat in primary
- New outcry as Erdogan tells female reporter to 'know your place' Turkey is clearly not ready to join the EU.
- Russia demands Internet users show ID to access public Wifi
- Drone crashes into famed hot spring at Yellowstone National Park People should be required to have licenses to fly these things, just like they need licenses to drive cars.
- Chattanooga domestic partner benefits rejected
Wednesday, August 06, 2014
Monday, August 04, 2014
- Hacker says to show passenger jets at risk of cyber attack The story is preview of an upcoming talk at the Black Hat conference. The headline leaves a lot to be desired.
- Rancher: Standoff with feds a spiritual battle No, it's a battle to get a deadbeat to pay for what he has gotten from the government.
Why is the New York Metropolitan Transit Authority putting in Wi-Fi and cellular service on the subway platforms while broadcasting police announcements advising passengers to hide their electronic devices?
Sunday, August 03, 2014
- Nonprofits Provide Jobless Men With a Fitting for a Second Chance I've seen a program to provide unemployed women with interview clothes (though they did not want to help transgender women in some cities). This is the first one I've seen for men.
- Vietnam hosts third gay pride parade as attitudes soften
- 'Revenge porn' now illegal in New York Bad headline. It will become illegal in November.