1 hour ago
Saturday, October 17, 2015
- All drones to require federal registration
- Apple ordered to pay $234 million to university for infringing patent
- Treasure trove of late Triassic fossils discovered in Utah
- Canada's Girl Guides say all transgender girls are welcome
- US to conduct counter-Boko Haram ops in Nigeria
- U.S. judge rules Maryland can ditch Confederate flag license plates
Friday, October 16, 2015
Thursday, October 15, 2015
- U.S. DoJ disrupts botnet, arrests Moldovan administrator
- O'Hare opens latest new runway in decadelong modernization
- California Lt. Gov. Newsom pushes ballot measure to tighten gun controls
- Court overturns conviction of woman who did meth while pregnant
- Two Officers Were Shot; Wisconsin Store Liable for Gun Sale I hope they will make gun sellers similarly responsible when the victim is a civilian.
- Court: Pot as tip no reason for police to seize car I am glad they are reforming the law used here, but they aren't going far enough. There should be no forfeiture unless they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the asset was used to commit a crime, the same level of proof required to convict someone of a crime.
- Judge orders Utah to keep cash flowing to Planned Parenthood
- Turkish politician had right to deny Armenia genocide: Europe court I very much dislike these infringements on free speech. It doesn't matter if what he said was incorrect.
- Iraqi forces and militia seize most of Baiji refinery: officials
- Islamic State targeted in 25 air strikes by U.S.-led coalition: statement
- When rights collide: transgender teen barred from locker room over privacy The right to "privacy" that the school district claims it is protecting does not exist. There is no right not to have to share a locker room with someone with a different anatomy than yours.
- Mom-of-Two Booted Off American Airlines Flight: 'I Was Mortified' What I'd like to know is if the flight attendant was disciplined. I hope she does sue the airline.
- Blasts in northeast Nigeria's Maiduguri kill at least seven -Red Cross
- Netflix Execs Say They Plan To Offer News And Are Negotiating For ‘Star Wars’
- The end of restaurant tipping?
- “‘Homeland’ Is Racist” Graffiti Airs On Showtime Series; Showrunner Alex Gansa Admires Act Of “Artistic Sabotage”
- Yahoo aims to phase out passwords with new service
- New York Police Officer Is Convicted of Lying About Photographer’s Arrest
- Obama deploys military to Cameroon for Boko Haram mission
- Nigeria, Cameroon welcome US troops in Boko Haram fight
- Village Voice Sold to Peter Barbey, Owner of a Pennsylvania Newspaper It would be great if the Voice regained its, er, voice. Reading it every week was one of the things that made me want to live in New York City.
- New York Times offers daily digital access with newsstand copies
- Apple loses patent lawsuit to University of Wisconsin, faces hefty damages
- Prominent astronomer resigns over student sexual harassment
- U.S. report calls for end to 'conversion therapy' for LGBT youth
- Virginia governor tightens gun control rules, creates task force
Monday, October 12, 2015
- Republican lawmaker seeks ban on LGBT conversion therapy
- FDNY Supports LGBTQ Youth in New Video
- Confederate Flag Supporters Indicted in Clash With Black Partygoers
- Graffiti artist Fairey to go to trial over tagging in 2016 We don't know if there is sufficient evidence to convict him. What we do know is that he has shown little regard for obeying the law in the past--though it is legally irrelevant to this case.
- Officer, 37, becomes third woman to pass US Ranger school
- De Blasio: NYPD Officers Will Be Trained To Make Arrests With Least Possible Force
- U.S. forces air drop ammunition to Syrian Arabs: military official
- Hazing and Drinking Deaths at Asian-American Fraternities Raise Concerns (It's not the raising of concerns that's bad, of course.)
Sunday, October 11, 2015
- Salt Lake City may name street for gay civil rights leader
- Islamic State targeted in 24 air attacks by U.S.-led coalition: statement
- Charles Koch: ‘What we’re after is to fight against special interests’ He doesn't understand that he and the other contributors to his PACs are also a "special interest."
- Turkish editor jailed pending trial for insulting Erdogan: media
- Iran tests new precision-guided ballistic missile
- Nine killed in Cameroon blasts blamed on Boko Haram, as Chad toll rises
- Gov. Brown approves automatic voter registration for Californians
- Openly gay US ambassador to Denmark weds partner
- Obama backs away from law to access encrypted information
- A Badge, a Gun, and a New Gender Identity
- Hollywood women say 'no more' to pay disparity, harassment
- Woman stops intruder with medieval combat skills, sword