1 hour ago
Saturday, July 30, 2016
Friday, July 29, 2016
- U.S. Judge denies Uber motion to compel arbitration in surge-pricing lawsuit Excellent! Compulsory arbitration between parties that are economically unequal should be banned.
- Reliance on jailhouse informant dooms Chandra Levy case Jailhouse informant evidence should be highly restricted, if not totally banned. It is highly suspect.
- Texas A&M suspends 2 assistant coaches over slide show, apologizes
- Alabama court orders sheriff removed for corruption
- Paris bombings suspects extradited to France from Austria
- Court strikes down "discriminatory" North Carolina voter ID law
- Kansas: Kobach will not appeal ruling on voting rights
- U.S. judge strikes down parts of Wisconsin voter ID law: report
- The creator of the viral pro-Trump act ‘USA Freedom Kids’ now plans to sue the campaign This guy is a total amateur. He gets nothing in writing, and falls for the "great exposure" crap. As performers I know say, "People die from exposure." But this is straight from the Trump playbook: Stiff the little people. See below:
- Judge orders Trump to pay nearly $300,000 in attorney’s fees in Doral painter’s lawsuit
- Congresswoman Trolls Melania Trump By Wearing Her Dress To DNC Hilarious!
- With Degree Debunked, Melania Trump Website Is Taken Down
- Former St. Louis police officer gets 52 months in prison for punching handcuffed man
- 6 public workers charged in Flint water crisis
- Russian weightlifters banned from Rio Olympics for doping
- Turkey's Erdogan dropping lawsuits for insults against him I'm guessing most of the people he's suing have already been dismissed from their jobs. They wouldn't have any money to pay him even if he won. "Insulting" a politician should not be illegal. But as I keep saying, Turkey is not a democracy.
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
- U.S. opens door to a change in blood donation policy for gay men
- California City Bans Deceptive Ads By Anti-Abortion Pregnancy Clinics
- Qualcomm to Pay $19.5M to Settle Gender Discrimination Suit
- To Reduce Bias, Some Police Departments Are Rethinking Traffic Stops
- Florida principal suspended after saying gays ‘must be put to death’
- More than 100 celebrities pledge to work against Trump
- At least 105 Russian athletes banned so far, The Latest: 22 Russian rowers rejected for Olympics
- US Army special forces accepts first female candidates
- Feds: Senate cafeteria workers will get $1 million back pay
- Texas attorney general took gift while investigating company It's good they have found something else bad that this jerk did.
- Bangladesh police kill nine suspected Islamists in Dhaka raid
- Anti-abortion duo behind Planned Parenthood videos cleared Only on a technicality. I wonder if a new grand jury could hand up a valid indictment--but I doubt the DA would ever present that case to another grand jury.
- Georgia appeals court says 'upskirting' not against the law I think the dissent's reasoning is correct, though they should make the law more explicit.
- Islamic State group claims attack that killed priest of 85
- Suicide bombing north of Baghdad kills 16, Islamic State claims attack
Monday, July 25, 2016
- 3 charged in Trump rally altercation
- Judge to Monitor Kansas' Actions on Gay Marriage for 3 Years
- Yelp Is Now Marking Businesses That Sue Reviewers
- Libya loyalists take IS bomb factory in Sirte
- Turkey coup attempt: 'Arrest warrants issued' for journalists Turkey is not a democracy.
- California man sentenced for trying to aid Islamic State
- After ruling, McAuliffe moves to restore rights individually
- Illinois Republican lawmaker resigns, cites Facebook, Twitter hacks It's not that hard to eliminate or discredit fake accounts. There's got to be more behind this.
- U.S. judge faults Uber, bans background check in NY lawsuit
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over doping It's not a ban of the whole Russian team, but it's something.
- Monitor chosen to oversee Ferguson's police, court reformspart
Sunday, July 24, 2016
- Mississppi: Emails show Christian group drafted much of HB 1523 This is good because it shows why the law is a violation of the Establishment Clause of the Constitution.
- Democrats Agree To Compromise On Superdelegates And Other Reforms