Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Great Office Cleaning Project Update

Now there's lots of wood on my desk visible! And I found the receipt for my TV, which I've been looking for for ages. I have an extended warranty on it that runs for another 18 months. The receipt was in a big envelope marked "2003-2004 Receipts," which had been hiding behind my computer monitor. I didn't even remember I had put it there.

I'm actually about 80% done with the desk, and I should finish it tomorrow--though I am going to have to spend some time with the people coming to fix my windows. No, not the one running on my computer (though that one could use some work, too), the ones that are supposed to keep the outside air outside. One of them isn't. The only way I can keep it closed is to jam a couple of plastic wedges between the window and the frame. There's another one that is extremely hard to open--maybe they can adjust that.

Also, the contractor is coming to fix up the grout. Hopefully they'll all be done by noon, and I can get back to The Project.

No comments: