Friday, November 24, 2006

Another good blog to read

A few days ago I stumbled upon Paul Soglin: Waxing America. Paul was a fellow student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School, and was also on the Madison city council. Before he was elected he had a part-time job driving the airport limousine, and continued at that for a while--a couple of times I had the honor of a Madison council-member helping me with my luggage. He was first elected mayor right about the time I left Madison. I last saw him here in New York at a fundraiser for his campaign for Congress--an election he lost, alas.

Paul's blog is left-leaning, well-written and rant-free, a combination I have come across all too seldom. I'm adding it to my "things-to-read" list.

How I stumbled upon it is a bit curious. Somebody did a search for "crossdress columbus ohio restaurant." Paul's blog was 49th on the list. Mine was down at 63rd.

No comments: