Friday, November 16, 2007

My morning so far

So it's cold in my office. The radiator's barely above room temperature: clearly there's been no steam coming up for awhile--which happens occasionally even in my semi-fancy apartment building in my very fancy neighborhood. So I dig out my electric heater, which is buried under some stuff in the corner. (One of these years I'll clean up this place.) It doesn't work. I vaguely remember having had problems with it last year. So I go to the storage closet and find another one (we have several). But its cord is shorter, so I have to find a heavy duty extension cord. Unbelievably, it's right where it should be, in the "electrical stuff" drawer in the other storage closet. I plug it in. Ah finally, heat.

Two minutes later steam starts coming up to the radiator.

No comments: