Thursday, September 17, 2009

(Supreme) judges on the dance floor

Three years ago, back when I was writing detailed posts about my activities, I described my experiences at the annual dinner of the LGBT Law Assn. (LeGaL), on whose board I continue to sit. In fact, I am now secretary of the association, and vice president of the LeGaL Foundation. The post was entitled "Judges on the dance floor?", and I related how my image of the judiciary had been radically altered by seeing judges dancing. I asked "can anyone imagine [US Supreme Court Justice] Ruth Bader Ginsburg doing the frug?"

Well, I don't know about Justice Ginsburg and the frug, but there is video evidence of newly-seated Justice Sonia Sotomayor (awkwardly) salsa dancing.



There goes my image of the Supreme Court, too.

HT to Nan Hunter

No comments: