Thursday, March 18, 2010

Semi-random thoughts

  • Why does Pandora's British Invasion station have songs by Bob Dylan and Simon and Garfunkel?
  • I am being "shadowed" by a college student writing a profile of me. This is the second one doing this in the last two years. The first was an undergraduate at Sarah Lawrence. This one is a grad student at the Columbia J-School. They think I'm an interesting subject for a profile. I can't imagine why.
  • While we were in Washington for the Lobby Days of the National Center for Transgender Equality several of us noticed how spotless the floors of the Capitol Hill buildings were. I remarked that I've seen hospital floors that weren't so clean.
  • My census forms came while I was in Washington. We're supposed to report who's living at the address on April 1. Why are they sending the forms out so early? Do they really expect people to hold on to them for over 2 weeks before filling them out and sending them in?

No comments: