Monday, May 17, 2010

Taylor Momsen and bobcats connect

No, not really. But a column on the front page of today's New York Times business section by David Carr talks about how headlines are manipulated to attract Google's attention, so I thought I'd get in on the act. Like this post, his column had nothing to do with Taylor Momsen. And I can't even claim to have had any idea who Taylor Momsen is, at least before I read his column.

As for the bobcats, (which this post really isn't about either), a lot of the visits to this blog have been by people who Googled "bobcats" in its images section. I've had over thirty of my "Living with bobcats" posts, which I have illustrated with one or another bobcat image I've hotlinked to. For some reason Google sometimes lists this blog in the first five or six results. Last week it was even number three, until it disappeared on Sunday. My daily hit count went way down.

So this is my shameless attempt to regain my high ranking for bobcats (plural, not singular) images.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd like to mention that I read Michael Kinsley's The Atlantic article "Newspaper articles are too long" (Jan/Feb '10 edition) on the same day. I saw a parallel.

But that might distract from your Google Goal. So I won't mention it. :-D

Carolyn Ann