Sunday, December 09, 2012

Semi-random thoughts

  • I just read a review in a high end audio magazine for a $2,200 power cord! The reviewer hears all kinds of differences in the music when comparing it to his usual power cord. I guess I'm glad I don't have good enough hearing for that.
  • I'm not overly upset that University of Wisconsin head football coach Bret Bielema is leaving to coach the Arkansas team. I think he's a good coach, but not a great one. His time management decisions on the field have been lacking a number of times.
  • My skills as a lawyer have been "endorsed" by a couple of people on LinkedIn. I did once do a little legal work for one of them, a friend. But that was about 30 years ago! The other is an online acquaintance who knows nothing of my work. The only reason I got on LinkedIn was because my LGBT bar association is using a "group" there to communicate with its members. In general, LinkedIn appears pretty worthless.

No comments: