2 hours ago
Sunday, September 25, 2016
- Appeals court: Ohio elections chief wrongly purged voters
- Hasidic Man Found Guilty of Gang Assault in Beating of Black Student in Brooklyn
- Hacker who aided IS sentenced to 20 years in US prison
- Mom who swore at meeting not guilty of disorderly conduct
Saturday, September 24, 2016
Friday, September 23, 2016
Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Transgender Teen Becomes the First to Join His High School Football Team
- Government severs ties with for-profit colleges accreditor
- Three Phoenix policemen resign after making motorist eat marijuana
- UN holds first leaders' meeting on LGBT rights
- Kentucky's GOP governor overridden in feud with Democrat
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- Czech court frees Russian artist facing extradition, may seek asylum Russia is not a democracy.
- County to pay $4 million in sheriff's racial profiling case
- Affidavit allowed for North Dakota voters lacking ID
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
- Mayor Roberts: Charlotte City Council won’t consider LGBT ordinance repeal Monday
- Chicago police to undergo mandatory 'de-escalation' training
- Boy who wanted to try on skirts found ‘Justice’ in this North Carolina store
- Seattle passes new scheduling rules for hourly workers
Monday, September 19, 2016
- There should be background checks for people who want to buy pressure cookers.
- I got a new computer monitor, because my old one died after about 11 years. HP uses HDMI connectors for digital input. HP includes a nice HDMI to HDMI cable with the monitor. But my two year old computer doesn't have an HDMI output--it only has a DVI digital output. Guess who made my computer.
- I hate it when I update an app on my phone and it wipes out my settings.
- From He to She in First Grade
- Transgender Briton is UK's first female combat soldier: report
- Belgium sees first case of minor being granted euthanasia
- Serbian police cordon off central Belgrade to protect pride march
- Spotify adds third gender to registration forms for non-binary users
- Museum in New York acquires Billie Jean King archive
Thursday, September 15, 2016
- The Federal Government Just Outlawed LGBTQ Discrimination in Credit
- FBI trying to build legal cases against Russian hackers: sources
- Missouri Republicans vote to override veto of gun bill The law goes into effect in 30 days. You have until then to get out of Missouri. It will be a very dangerous place.
- California high school football hazing scandal may widen
- ACC to relocate athletic championships from North Carolina
- SoCon suggests it may move hoops from North Carolina
- Court denies Virginia GOP's challenge on felon voting rights
- Serbian transgender army veteran celebrates new beginnings
- Man sentenced in $31 million mortgage scam conspiracy case
- McCartney, Starr reunite on blue carpet for Beatles documentary
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
- Chelsea Manning ends hunger strike, Army agrees to treatment: ACLU
- Thai junta to end trial of civilians by military courts But royal defamation is still a crime there.
- Facebook, Twitter join network to tackle fake news
- Push to Stop Brock Turner Launching Speaking Tour on ‘Drinking and Promiscuity’ Gains Traction It's good that people are protesting his speaking tour. Drinking does not cause rape. The victims do not cause rape. Rapists cause rape.
- California farmworker overtime bill signed by Jerry Brown
- US says it destroyed IS chemical threat in Iraq
Monday, September 12, 2016
- North Carolina to lose college championships over transgender law
- Instagram lets users filter offensive comments
- Ohio University removing Ailes' name, returning gift
Sunday, September 11, 2016
- Real-Time Election Day Projections May Upend News Tradition It's interesting to say the least. I tend to think it will have little effect on the presidential election, but I wonder about the down-ballot races.
- Lafayette [Indiana] adds transgender antidiscrimination protections
- Seattle Children's to open Gender Clinic in October
- Appeals court blocks proof-of-citizenship voting requirement
Friday, September 09, 2016
- Facebook co-founder pledging $20 million to defeat Trump
- Supreme Court rejects Michigan straight-ticket voting appeal
- Facebook allows postings of 'napalm girl' photo after debate
- Deputy who tossed student wants job back; sheriff says no
- CEO cuts 'Creationism' from Youngstown school classrooms
- Bolivia's transgender citizens celebrate new ID cards
- King of Norway’s incredible speech on gay rights goes viral
- New York City’s Firefighting Arsenal Will Soon Include Drones
Thursday, September 08, 2016
- Judge orders state not to block Planned Parenthood funding
- Turkey court acquits famed pianist of blasphemy charges Blasphemy should not be a crime.
- Female WWII pilot has finally been laid to rest at Arlington
- Hungarian camerawoman who kicked refugees charged
- Rival Boko Haram groups clash in NE Nigeria: sources
- N Carolina elections board expand voting hours
- New York to allow late-term abortions for health at-risk women I am amazed that it has taken over 40 years to clear this up.
- FCC Chairman Shifts To App-Based Approach For Set-Top Box Competition This has a long way to go before it happens, unfortunately.
- U.S. Marine trainers may be prosecuted after suicide of Muslim recruit, Muslim Marine Recruit Was Slapped Before Falling to His Death: Report
- France sees sharp fall in number of citizens joining Islamic State
- Ryan Lochte Suspended For 10 Months Over Rio Gas Station Incident I think this is a reasonable punishment.
Tuesday, September 06, 2016
Monday, September 05, 2016
- US Army gives combat medics new type of tourniquet
- 'Bea Arthur' LGBT Homeless Shelter Slated for Completion in Feb. 2017
- We will rock you: Asteroid named after late singer Freddie Mercury
- Video shows vandals destroying popular Oregon rock formation
- 40 killed in wave of bombings targeting government-allied parts of Syria
Sunday, September 04, 2016
- Former St. Louis prosecutor who helped cover up beating of suspect loses her law license
- Mariners apologize to LGBTQ community, plan to train staff
- Atty General Ken Paxton shares dinner with transgender boy and his family
- Court rules search warrant in Terrebonne blog case unconstitutional
- Hometown of Kim Davis just threw its first ever Pride celebration
Jason Bourne: He's back. No, wait. That was The Terminator. Anyhow, it's more of the rogue CIA assassin and his car/truck/motorcycle chases, lots of violence, and the beautiful Alicia Vikander displaying her perfect American accent. If you liked the earlier ones, you'll like this one.
Friday, September 02, 2016
Thursday, September 01, 2016
- Hispanic backers move away from Trump after immigration speech I didn't realize he had any Hispanic backers.
- Northeast Florida voters kick controversial State Attorney Angela Corey out of office, One Of The Most Reviled Prosecutors In Florida Just Got Kicked Out Of Office
- Settlements totaling $12M-plus reached in minimum wage cases
- Romanian hacker 'Guccifer' sentenced to 52 months in U.S. prison
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
- U.S. Supreme Court rejects bid to reinstate North Carolina voting limits
- Insurers Can Make Obamacare Work, But They Need Help From Congress
- Georgia grand jury charges white ex-policeman with murdering black man
- Maine governor says will not resign, to seek spiritual advice Spiritual advice? He needs anger management advice. And why should his wife and children need advice?
- Study: Ohio's abortion pill law led to worse health outcomes
- NYPD might not say if officer in chokehold death is punished
- Son had 36 bruises. Mom quoted the Bible as defense.
- Virginia Woman Blasts Drone 'to Smithereens' with Shotgun I consider this to be a form of self-defense. Flying at a low altitude near a residence without permission is an invasion of privacy.
- N.Y. high court broadens definition of parent in landmark ruling I'm proud to say that I am on the board of directors of one of the organizations that participated in this this victory.
- Five Chicago officers face firing over slaying of black teen
- Obama cuts short the sentences of 111 federal inmates
- Wisconsin Sen. Johnson has another awkward campaign moment
- 'Principal architect' of IS attacks on West killed in Syria
Monday, August 29, 2016
Sunday, August 28, 2016
- This Pro Bono Clinic Guides Transgender People Through Legal Bureaucracy
- City supports LGBT newspaper after explosion destroys box
- Boston police rolling out body-worn cameras
- Libyan forces push into last IS-held areas of Sirte
Saturday, August 27, 2016
- When tech firms judge on skills alone, women land more job interviews
- Apologetic Hacker? Not if You Peek at His Emails I hope he gets a lot more time in jail because of this. He's horrible.
- 4 Chad troops killed by 'Boko Haram mine'
- US fears over IS group's SE Asia expansion
Friday, August 26, 2016
- Transgender North Carolinians get restroom-access win
- Long-time Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio faces tough re-election bid He belongs in jail, not running a jail. UPDATE: Justice Department will probe metro Phoenix sheriff Arpaio
- Biden announces new funding for Amtrak Northeast Corridor, Amtrak awards Alstom $2.0 bn deal for high-speed trains
- France burkini: Highest court suspends ban
- Court: Michigan sex offender rules cannot be retroactive
- Federal judge won't immediately block California vaccination law for schoolchildren, one of strictest in US for eliminating exemptions based on religious, personal beliefs
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
- Ohio court: Juvenile crimes can't enhance adult sentences
- Russian man convicted of hacking into US businesses
- 2 men in Nevada standoff case plead guilty in federal court
- Clinton Leads Trump by 10 Points in New Poll of Likely Voters
- NHL’s first female full-time coach hired by Arizona Coyotes
- A gay couple in Natick was targeted. Here’s how the neighborhood responded
- Judge in Stanford rape case will stop hearing criminal cases I guess it is good news. I hope he has learned something.
- DOJ: Vet's Purple Heart lies cost government $752,000 What a crook. He deserves at least 5 years in jail. I hope they're prosecuting his mother and sister also.
- P&G hires transgender model for ad campaign Rehires.
- Phoenix 1st Arizona city to offer transgender-inclusive benefits to city workers
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast Missouri State University
- Georgia Man Who Threw Boiled Water on Gay Men Gets 40 Years
- Mississippi Islamic State recruit gets 8 years in prison
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
- No appeal in Indiana woman's overturned feticide conviction
- California Court Decision Keeps Teacher Tenure Protections
- Ruling: Grad students at private universities can unionize
- Virginia governor restores voting rights to 13,000 felons
- Anti-abortion boss to recuse self from case at medical board
- Suit alleging Catholic school gay marriage bias to proceed
- AG: Ex-Milwaukee officers investigate fatal police shooting
- Woman settles lawsuit, now OK to use '8THEIST' license plate
- Nikki Hamblin, Abbey D’Agostino awarded rare Olympic medal
- Nigeria: Air raid 'fatally wounds' Boko Haram leader If it's true it would be good--though these groups seem to be able to replace leaders without that much difficulty.
Monday, August 22, 2016
- Clinton leads Trump by eight points: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- Illinois latest state to expand domestic workers' rights
- Hundreds protest in Istanbul over transgender woman's murder
- Ole Miss won’t play 'Dixie' at football games anymore: What changed?
- Libyan forces say they capture mosque, prison from Islamic State in Sirte
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Saturday, August 06, 2016
Due to the my watching the Olympics, my posts are going to sparse and small for the next couple weeks.
Friday, August 05, 2016
- Being a Transgender Police Officer in New York: ‘We’re All Cops’
- Amtrak: New locomotives have cut delays nearly 25 percent
- Rare conviction made in shooting by Virginia police officer He should have been convicted of murder.
- Bud Light Appears To Pull Sponsorship Of Ted Nugent Concert
- Egypt military says killed leader of Islamic State in Sinai
- As party unease grows with Trump, Republican lawmaker says he will back Clinton I have no idea how many Republican congressmembers will join him, but I doubt he will be the only one.
- Court denies North Carolina motion to stay decision on voter ID law
- Judge Dismisses Suit by Suspended Alabama Chief Justice
- Missouri’s Governor Cut Funding to the State’s Public Defenders. So They Assigned Him a Case
- Georgia man pleads guilty in $30M computer hacking scheme
- X-ray uncovers hidden portrait beneath famed Degas painting
- Libyan forces advance in IS bastion as US keeps up air strikes
- Pope: It's 'terrible' children taught they can choose gender I seldom give much notice to what religious leaders say, but this is a total mischaracterization of what it is to be transgender. Nobody chooses their gender. But for some people it doesn't correspond to their physical sex.
- New Report Shows LGBTQ Students Targeted for Discipline
- U.S. police body camera policies put civil rights at risk: study
Tuesday, August 02, 2016
- Federal judge blocks North Dakota voter identification law
- An After School Satan Club could be coming to your kid’s elementary school
- Interpol arrests Nigerian accused of $60 million cybercrime
- U.S. Conducts Airstrikes Against ISIS in Libya
- Thai mother indicted over one-word 'royal slur' Facebook message Royal defamation should not be a crime.
Sunday, July 31, 2016
- Koch network refusing to help Trump
- Saatchi boss Kevin Roberts disciplined over gender comments
- Socially conservative Guatemala sees quiet LGBTQ gains
- U.S.-backed forces win control of most of Syria's Manbij from Islamic State: spokesman
- Baguette vending machine bakes up French-style bread at anytime
- Florida: New York Grilled Cheese Defends Transgender Employee
- Electoral Map Gives Donald Trump Few Places to Go
- For LGBT High Schoolers, Gay-Straight Alliances Spell Safety
- Three Chicago police officers relieved of duty after fatal shooting
- Justice Department to review fatal Arizona police shooting
- Dallas Weatherman Resigns After Post Bashing DNC For 'Parading Mothers of Slain Thugs'
- Judge refuses to let indicted sheriff carry gun
- Donald Trump attacks Muslim father's convention speech I keep wondering how low Trump will go. I'm afraid it will be a lot further.
- Baylor's strict conduct code may have silenced rape victims
- In Florida Zika probe, federal scientists kept at arm's length
Saturday, July 30, 2016
Friday, July 29, 2016
- U.S. Judge denies Uber motion to compel arbitration in surge-pricing lawsuit Excellent! Compulsory arbitration between parties that are economically unequal should be banned.
- Reliance on jailhouse informant dooms Chandra Levy case Jailhouse informant evidence should be highly restricted, if not totally banned. It is highly suspect.
- Texas A&M suspends 2 assistant coaches over slide show, apologizes
- Alabama court orders sheriff removed for corruption
- Paris bombings suspects extradited to France from Austria
- Court strikes down "discriminatory" North Carolina voter ID law
- Kansas: Kobach will not appeal ruling on voting rights
- U.S. judge strikes down parts of Wisconsin voter ID law: report
- The creator of the viral pro-Trump act ‘USA Freedom Kids’ now plans to sue the campaign This guy is a total amateur. He gets nothing in writing, and falls for the "great exposure" crap. As performers I know say, "People die from exposure." But this is straight from the Trump playbook: Stiff the little people. See below:
- Judge orders Trump to pay nearly $300,000 in attorney’s fees in Doral painter’s lawsuit
- Congresswoman Trolls Melania Trump By Wearing Her Dress To DNC Hilarious!
- With Degree Debunked, Melania Trump Website Is Taken Down
- Former St. Louis police officer gets 52 months in prison for punching handcuffed man
- 6 public workers charged in Flint water crisis
- Russian weightlifters banned from Rio Olympics for doping
- Turkey's Erdogan dropping lawsuits for insults against him I'm guessing most of the people he's suing have already been dismissed from their jobs. They wouldn't have any money to pay him even if he won. "Insulting" a politician should not be illegal. But as I keep saying, Turkey is not a democracy.
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
- U.S. opens door to a change in blood donation policy for gay men
- California City Bans Deceptive Ads By Anti-Abortion Pregnancy Clinics
- Qualcomm to Pay $19.5M to Settle Gender Discrimination Suit
- To Reduce Bias, Some Police Departments Are Rethinking Traffic Stops
- Florida principal suspended after saying gays ‘must be put to death’
- More than 100 celebrities pledge to work against Trump
- At least 105 Russian athletes banned so far, The Latest: 22 Russian rowers rejected for Olympics
- US Army special forces accepts first female candidates
- Feds: Senate cafeteria workers will get $1 million back pay
- Texas attorney general took gift while investigating company It's good they have found something else bad that this jerk did.
- Bangladesh police kill nine suspected Islamists in Dhaka raid
- Anti-abortion duo behind Planned Parenthood videos cleared Only on a technicality. I wonder if a new grand jury could hand up a valid indictment--but I doubt the DA would ever present that case to another grand jury.
- Georgia appeals court says 'upskirting' not against the law I think the dissent's reasoning is correct, though they should make the law more explicit.
- Islamic State group claims attack that killed priest of 85
- Suicide bombing north of Baghdad kills 16, Islamic State claims attack
Monday, July 25, 2016
- 3 charged in Trump rally altercation
- Judge to Monitor Kansas' Actions on Gay Marriage for 3 Years
- Yelp Is Now Marking Businesses That Sue Reviewers
- Libya loyalists take IS bomb factory in Sirte
- Turkey coup attempt: 'Arrest warrants issued' for journalists Turkey is not a democracy.
- California man sentenced for trying to aid Islamic State
- After ruling, McAuliffe moves to restore rights individually
- Illinois Republican lawmaker resigns, cites Facebook, Twitter hacks It's not that hard to eliminate or discredit fake accounts. There's got to be more behind this.
- U.S. judge faults Uber, bans background check in NY lawsuit
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over doping It's not a ban of the whole Russian team, but it's something.
- Monitor chosen to oversee Ferguson's police, court reformspart
Sunday, July 24, 2016
- Mississppi: Emails show Christian group drafted much of HB 1523 This is good because it shows why the law is a violation of the Establishment Clause of the Constitution.
- Democrats Agree To Compromise On Superdelegates And Other Reforms
Saturday, July 23, 2016
- ACLU praises new Illinois limits on cellphone surveillance
- Rulings may make voter ID laws presidential race nonfactors
- PGA threatens to move future events from North Carolina because of HB2
- Effort to abolish superdelegates fails at DNC rules meeting I hope some sort of compromise can be reached. 700+ superdelegates is ridiculous. I'd like to see the number limited to 5-10% of the total delegates.
- Turkish lawmakers give leader Erdogan sweeping new powers, Defiant Turkey extends police powers, shutters schools after coup Turkey is not a democracy.
- Islamic State claims responsibility for Kabul attack, 80 dead
Friday, July 22, 2016
- Austin police probe officer's throwing black woman to ground
- Nevada ending discrimination of prison inmates with HIV
- US acts to block two mega-mergers in health insurance
- Papa John's Worker Fired After Writing N-Word on Delivery Receipt
- Celeb hacker who stole nude images gets six months in prison
- Ventilation to Be Required in All New York Nail Salons
- Alaska parental notification abortion law struck down
- California governor signs bill to require registration of 'ghost guns'
- Thousands March in Jerusalem’s Gay Pride Parade One Year After Deadly Attack
- Why a Penn. man arrested for flag desecration was awarded $55,000
- France to supply artillery to Iraqi army
- Teen sues school for proposing trans students wear green wristbands This is just like the Nazis making Jews wear yellow stars.
- Thai Police Question the Wife of a British Writer Critical of Thailand’s Royal Family
- NBA Moves 2017 All-Star Game Out Of North Carolina To Protest Anti-LGBT Law
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- Roger Ailes Out At Fox News, Rupert Murdoch Taking Over As Acting CEO
- Feds File Copyright Charges Against Owner Of World’s Most-Visited File-Sharing Site
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
- U.S. appeals court finds that Texas voter ID law is discriminatory
- Court: Traffic stop, arrest prompted by high beams improper
- Campaign aims to register a million U.S. Muslims voters in anti-Trump move
- Indiana Court Tosses Purvi Patel's 2015 Feticide Conviction
- Alaska court strikes down parental notice for abortions
- Governor Cuomo Signs Legislation to Exempt Sales and Use Taxes on Feminine Hygiene Products
- Ventilation to Be Required in All New York Nail Salons
- US goes after more than $1B taken from Malaysian fund
- Bangladesh arrests top Islamist extremist
- WikiLeaks may have just published your SSN and credit card number
- Zara has been accused of ripping off an independent artist’s designs Zara needs to be taught about intellectual property law.
- Status update: The rise of the social-media extortionist These people belong in jail.
- Wisconsin voter identification law eased for November election
- 2 state troopers arrested following beating caught on tape
- Dad, teen son ordered to disclose data on weaponized drones
- Turkey coup: Crackdown toll passes 45,000 I generally dismiss conspiracy theories, but perhaps the one that said Erdogan knew the coup was coming and let it happen has some merit. This crackdown on his political opponents is further proof that Turkey is not a democracy.
- Pakistani man killed for 'honour' over affair: police
Monday, July 18, 2016
- Judge rejects ex-sheriff's plea deal as too lenient
- Russia state-sponsored doping across majority of Olympic sports, claims report It's good Russia was caught. I hope the entire Russian team is barred from the Olympics.
Sunday, July 17, 2016
- White former Atlanta policeman charged in the death of unarmed black man So far so good. But he still has to be convicted.
Saturday, July 16, 2016
- Win on NYS Medicaid Paying for Gender Transition “Cosmetic Surgery”
- LGBT history lessons heading for California classrooms
- Man caught in sting trying to join IS gets 8.5 years
- Model Gets Fired and Banned From Gym After Posting Naked Photo of Woman in Locker Room Even if it was meant to be sent only to a friend, it's still wrong, and quite possibly a criminal offense. I'm sure the woman she photographed would have a good lawsuit against her.
- Untreatable gonorrhea: coming soon to genitalia near you The headline is misleading. It is not definitely coming, but the trend is in that direction.