Monday, February 27, 2006

A NEW PROJECT

In the morning I will be starting my new project--cleaning up my office. Despite being retired for two years now, I haven't found time to go though all the boxes of stuff from our last move, properly store what I want to keep, and get rid of what I don't. Some of this stuff has been around since 1988, and this is long overdue. Then there's the piles of un-boxed stuff. It's really a mess--every horizontal surface is covered with something, except for a narrow path from the door to my desk.

So I'm not going to have as much time to blog for a while--I'm guessing maybe a month. In order to concentrate on this, I'm going to curtail my entertainment life as much as possible until I finish. So there will be less to blog about to begin with. But the most important tactic I will use will be to TURN OFF THIS COMPUTER. From 9:00am until 9:00pm, at least on the days I will be dedicating to the clean-up project, this distraction will cease.

I still plan to blog some. But the slices of my life I recount here will have to be a bit thinner for a while.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn. I thought I was bad...good luck, Caprice.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll find a use for those spare serial, parallel, and null modem cables. Any 5 1/4 floppies in there? Ain't technology grand? Just when you sort things out, they change the rules!

caprice said...

I did get rid of my 5¼ floppies a while ago, except for a few of software written by a friend of mine. Those I'm keeping just as souvenirs.

I think I do have a combination 3½/5¼ drive floating around here someplace. I think I extracted it from my previous computer to take to work (before I retired, of course). Some guy there had some old 5¼ floppies he wanted to read--but he had no idea how to install the thing in his machine, so I brought it back home.

caprice said...

I found the drive I took to the office, but it was just a plain 5¼. I think the dual drive is still in my previous computer, which is buried under a pile of stuff.