Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Mission accomplished

This afternoon I went down to the hospital, and the nice, young, cute lady doctor had someone put me to sleep and then she stuck a telescope or something up my tushy and found nothing wrong. Or so she said. I was totally asleep. There is no physical evidence she did anything. For all I know she and her crew just watched a soap opera on the myriad of LCD monitors that were hanging on arms all over the little room.

So now I'm home, eating pasta. The worst part of today's events was the 1+ hour wait in the chilly prep room in two thin hospital gowns after they put the IV in my arm, because the doctor was running way behind schedule. At least they gave me a blanket.

Since nothing was found, I don't need to do this again for another seven years. Hopefully in seven years they'll have found an easier but still safe way of cleaning you out, instead of having to drink all that horrible Golytely stuff.

I'm taking it easy this evening. My meeting of the NY County Lawyers Assn (NYCLA) LGBT Issues Committee was postponed. My cold is quite a bit better, actually--even without having taken anything for it (so the medication wouldn't interfere with the colonoscopy). But I'm still tired. Tomorrow it's back to work on The Great Office Clean-Up Project. I wish I could go the NYCLA reception for Christine Quinn, but The Project is more important.

(I wonder when this post will actually get in--Blogger's having problems.)

1 comment:

midwesterntransport said...

Well, I'm sorry that you're still under the weather, but I'm glad that the colonoscopy turned up nothing untoward.

:)