Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Anti-abortion stupidity

Forgive me if you've seen this a zillion other places, but this is just too good to pass up. An anti-abortionist stumbled on a 7-year-old pro-abortion satire from the Onion, thought it was real, and wrote a blog entry (WARNING: graphic photo added) ripping it to shreds. The stupidity of his post is funny, but the comments to it (which he seems perfectly happy to leave up) are hilarious. There are hundreds. I didn't get through half of them, but my favorite is
I laughed so hard I aborted my foetus. Thanks for nothing, babykiller.
So after making a complete fool of himself, and instead of quitting while he was behind, he posted another article defending his original one, even after admitting that the Onion article was fake. His theory: he's heard real women say the same sort of thing--never stopping to think that maybe they were pulling his leg, also. Then he goes on to demonstrate that, even after looking it up in the dictionary, he still doesn't understand what "satire" means. I'd tell him to look up "gullible" also, but I doubt he'd understand that, either.

It's good to know that the anti-abortionists have such idiots among their numbers. It's scary to know that he has as many votes as I do. On the other hand, there's a decent chance that anyone this stupid will accidentally do himself in before the next election.

(P.S. Thanks to Betty for pointing this out.)

UPDATE: He has disabled the comments, and added a picture of what he alleges is an aborted fetus.

No comments: