Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Semi-random thoughts

● They added my friend Helen Boyd's second book, She's Not the Man I Married, to the list of nominees in the Transgender Category for the Lambda Literary Awards. Her first book, My Husband Betty, was a finalist.

● My new ACLU card says I've been a member since 1974. I can't honestly say I'm a card-carrying member--my wallet is stuffed with more than enough cards that might actually be useful to carry. I also can't say that I agree with absolutely every position the ACLU takes. But I'm glad I've been able to support them in the fight to ensure that our Constitution is more than just a bunch of words on paper.

● How long does Myspace consider a friend "new?" Forever? It sure seems that way. BTW, I've got over 300 friends there now.

● I hate being sick.

● There is an interesting difference between the coat-check policies at the New York State Theater and its neighbors at Lincoln Center, Avery Fisher Hall (home of the New York Philharmonic) and the Metropolitan Opera House. The latter two charge $3 per item, while the State Theater only charges $1.50--but unlike the other two, it won't accept fur items. Very egalitarian.

4 comments:

sandy shoes said...

At the risk of missing something obvious: Why won't they accept fur? Is it because it's too much liability risk to hold an item that might be vandalized or stolen? Or because these institutions are taking a stance against fur coats?

Anonymous said...

you are sushi rolled on notes..just spreading the bloggie love. Thank you for your welcome on the forum. This blog and your motto cracked me up. and laughing is something i don't mispell. More power to ya Sister !

caprice said...

Sandy, I think it's the liability issue.

caprice said...

PPTG, you may not misspell "laughing," but you did misspell "misspell."
;)

--caprice