Saturday, May 27, 2006

Shocking websearch

actress bianca leigh dies reached this blog earlier today. I was horrified. Sure enough, the Internet Movie DataBase (IMDB) lists her date of death as January 7, 2006 on its entry for her. Bianca, whom I've heard sing many times, who was such a surprise to my watching Transamerica, who serves me drinks as the Monday night bartender at Lips, was dead? And I hadn't heard anything?

But then I said to myself, "Wait a minute." I've seen Bianca since January. I searched my blog and found a post indicating I had seen her in March. IMDB must be wrong.

Googling further, I see she is going to be performing on Fire Island this summer. I also found reviews of two plays she did since January, here and here.

I have sent off a correction to IMDB. I hope they fix their site soon. This is very disturbing.

UPDATE: IMDB has removed the date of death from its entry for Bianca.

No comments: