Monday, July 31, 2006

The project, redux

Late last February I started a new project: cleaning up my office. My main strategies were to minimize my weekday social and entertainment events, and to turn off this computer from 9:00am to 9:00pm. I did make some progress, but it came to a complete halt when I started packing for my trip to Spain in late April. I did not go back to the project when I returned. I had to unpack, and there was a lot of mail that came in while I was away, both snail and e-. Then came June, and a ton of Pride events. July was Wimbledon and Le Tour de France. And this last week I couldn't turn off the computer because it was getting backed-up. The result is, as you can see, that my office is almost as messy as it was before I started.

Now that I've run out of excuses, I will be resuming the project. Tomorrow morning the computer gets turned off at 9:00am. Obviously I will be blogging less. While I hope to post something every day, I'm not going to go crazy if I can't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a brave, brave individual. My whole house looks like that. Parts of it: much worse. And I leave town in two weeks (following which I won't be back for another three), so I really have to do something.

In short, I have no excuse for reading your blog right now (much as I enjoy it)... I should be either cleaning, or packing, or... that other constantly deferred life necessity: sleeping.

But hey, if you've taken the brave step of posting public evidence of your situation, and your intent to rectify same, I will be a brave girl and at least clear some of the wreckage before I get out of here. (Alas, the old "but I'm an artist excuse only gets one so far...)

Cheerio, and good luck...